Tuesday, 23 February 2016

Scope home was like our socially

I went to a scope home. It's very much  of what is going on in socially today. The first time I went to a home it was 4pm where everyone was given a cup of tea. Imagine thirty people in a room not talking. Their lives were run by routine  so that they didn't need. to think. This becomes the norm to them. It was like a mini socially. Residents were given activities such as basket weaving, art, woodwork and so on. To keep the. residents busy wasn't to make them more alive but the opposite was true.

The most funny thing was that it was in the year of 1984 and they decided to read it. This made me think and I started to rebel. I started writing in the discussion group and thought people would support me but they didn't. So let's look at what is going on.
People had been in the home for about twenty years. They had been Institutionalized by the rules and the routine and this is now the norm. Trying to change that comfortable state leads to fear. If you tell people that have been living in a way that is wrong, you are demeaning their lives. So if you are that one person in the room that is saying, then it's you that is the problem.

Now go to society. I see the same thing. I am still in a Institution where people need to believe what ever they are told. They are kept in fear. People get used to it. It's as if they need the fear, it keeps them blind because otherwise they will see the truth and this is very scary and so they get defensive. I was looked oppon as a trouble maker in the home.

There is another problem. Is self responsibility. It's too scary because we have been kept dependent and have been told of what life is. That is comforting. Countless of decades of programming and conditioning is very hard to reverse.

So what is my lesson. I can't help people if they don't want to be helped.. I feel I can't get frustrated but grow by being in touch with conciseness and stay upbeat. Note I have spoken before, I am not alone, if I am happy, I am transmitting positively and this is how I can change things.

No comments:

Post a Comment